Sunday, March 27, 2016

Hello again!

Hello, hello! My gosh it's been ages since I've written anything here. I looked at my blog a while back and noticed that nearly all the photos were gone. I got a bit frustrated by that and just left it all alone for a while. Plus I've been super busy. I finally sat down to revamp it this week. I deleted all the old posts that had missing photos because unfortunately I no longer have them saved anywhere. Those that I still had I added them back in to their corresponding blog entry. Not only did I have to replace those photos but my header and background were gone as well. In light of that I decided to change the logo a bit. Which led to me deciding to change the blog name also. So here it is. The brand new blog. Hmm actually... Would it be refurbished? :p

At any rate I am still fairly busy with other things but I will try to post here at least once a month. More often when I can. The content of the blog will remain the same as it always was. Pretty much anything and everything. Haha!

I'm writing this on Easter so I thought I would share a bit about the day. I don't really celebrate it but I wanted to do something nice for my hubby so I made a special dinner. It was just my husband and I so I made things I know he really likes. I made deviled eggs, pork roast, creamed corn fritters, baked macaroni and peach cobbler. Two of these in particular he had been asking for. That would be the creamed corn fritters and the peach cobbler. I normally make regular sweet corn fritters so this was an experience. I think I'm going to either alter my original recipe a bit to use creamed corn or find another recipe for the creamed corn fritters. Don't get me wrong. They were really good but they remind me too much of pancakes. I thought it odd when the recipe called for flour instead of cornmeal but I went with it. The results are below.

 Instead of fresh peaches the peach cobbler was made using some peaches my father in law gave us. He does canning. I had those on hand so I figured why not give it a go. The hubby loved it so I guess it's okay! Next time it will be made with fresh though. The pork roast I made in a slow cooker. I mixed together a marinade sauce to pour over it. I'm not entirely sure of everything I used. I remember there was honey, apple cider vinegar, Worcestershire and a few other things. xD Anyway it came out great so hopefully I can remember it for next time. If you would like the recipes for anything below just comment and let me know and I'll share it in another blog.


Deviled eggs. They're separated because my hubby likes them different than I do. So I used wax paper to keep them apart.

Peach Cobbler

Baked Macaroni

Slow Cooked Pork Roast

Creamed Corn Fritters





Do you celebrate the day? If so is there anything special or any traditions you do? Share them in the comments below! That's all for now! Hope you all had a great holiday if you celebrate it and if not hope you had a great day regardless!

~ The Geeky Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from all of you. So feel free to type up a comment if it strikes your fancy. ;) Keep in mind though that all comments are moderated. Spam and troll posts will not be tolerated.