Tuesday, September 23, 2014

In sickness and in health.

My husband and I got married last month. So I thought the title was appropriate.
He actually got sick with the flu first, and is still dealing with the lingering cough. At least he is now able to sleep a few hours at a time without waking up. I can't wait to get to that point.
I've been sick for about a week now and I've reached the coughing portion. It's not as bad tonight as it was last night, but still bad enough to keep me awake. Last night I didn't sleep at all. I think I finally passed out around 7am. The cough is a little better tonight but not much. Even under my tongue hurts from coughing so much. It's really awful that these things are worse at night isn't it? The doctors all tell you to get rest but it's kind of hard to do when the sickness is keeping you awake. Over the counter medicine that makes you sleep is only so good also. I actually ran out of that medicine last night. I've been taking something different today. Seems to work about as well as any other really. I could take a sleep aid but let's face it... I'm tired of taking pills and that can't be good to do either. So instead I sleep during the day when it's not so bad. Being sick makes me a vampire. Ha!
There I am in my bed tonight desperately trying to fall asleep after finding a semi comfortable position that I am able to breathe in (stuffed up nose). Every single time I start to drift off I cough and wake up. The last time, the time that got me out of bed I had actually fallen asleep and I jolted awake gasping for air as I coughed. That's not only a miserable feeling, it's pretty scary. So instead I lie there thinking about random things. Then I figure I may as well get up and type out some of them.
Now I'm sitting in my office, pretty much in the dark because too much light bothers me at the moment. It is almost 4am here after all. There is just the glow of my laptop and a night light in the corner where the cats bowl is. The only sound is my cough, my husband's occasional cough and oh... Now there is a cat eating at the bowl.
Okay I've rambled enough for this post. On to the next insane 4am post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from all of you. So feel free to type up a comment if it strikes your fancy. ;) Keep in mind though that all comments are moderated. Spam and troll posts will not be tolerated.