Saturday, September 6, 2014

Wedding Adventures (Picture Heavy Post)

Good morning and happy Saturday to all of you!

Today I wanted to share a bit about my recent wedding and honeymoon. I'm sure a few of you followed along with the adventures...and in some cases misadventures of the prep. lol So here we go!

Before the wedding.

The weeks leading up to a wedding is always stressful. Ours was even more so but it had NOTHING to do with the actual wedding. As some may have heard our landlord basically decided that he didn't need to pay his mortgage and the house was sold at a sheriff auction. Keep in mind that we had NO idea this was happening. Our neighbor across the road informed us that they had seen it in the auction listing online so we contacted our landlord and asked him about it. He pretty much lied then and said that everything was fine and he had it handled. Imagine our surprise when about two weeks before our wedding date we get a letter in the mail saying that the place was sold and we had ten days to get out. (It was nine days by the time we got the letter.) The letter came from the lawyer of the bank who had purchased the house.

We tried contacting the landlord but he did not return any of our calls. So we contacted the lawyer responsible for the letter as well as our own lawyer. Unfortunately due to the fact that we were month to month renters and given the situation with the actual sale they were not required to give us more time. This came as a bit of a shock to me. Sure, we could have drug it out and forced them to evict us. That may have bought us some more time. (I know how long it takes because I had to evict someone before.) However you need to understand that our wedding was two weeks away and we were going to be gone on honeymoon for about  2 1/2" weeks after that. So by the time we would return there really wouldn't be any time left to get out. Not too mention we'd be stressed and worried about it on our honeymoon. So instead we spent the next few days exhausted and stressed trying to find a new place to live.

At the last minute we did.  We literally found a place two days before the deadline and of course it takes a day or so to process the application. The Realtor knew our situation and expedited it though...bless her and the landlords for that. We actually moved out the day after the deadline. We had no choice, that was when we could do it and when we would have help.  The new place was/is not without it's problems. I won't go into that but at least they are being worked on by the current landlord//landlady. They have both been great. Especially after the last landlord. The place is MUCH bigger though. It's 1200 sq ft (town house) as opposed to the 700 sq ft (shotgun home) we had before. I actually have my own office now! It did come with a higher rent but it is what it is. At least we didn't end up homeless right before the wedding. There is a special place in hell for people like that guy and karma is a you know what.


The night before the wedding one of my good friends and her guy came over. She actually was coming a good distance to attend the festivities so we helped them out by letting them stay with us. She was awesome with helping me out as well and it was a lot fun having them there.


Day of the wedding & accessories!


The day of the wedding started off with me going to get my hair styled. My then fiance dropped us off so he could go get his own hair cut and a couple of other things that needed to be handled done. You may remember me talking about how difficult of a time I had finding someone to braid hair. I am very happy with where I ended up at Essential Salon & Nail Spa. The lady who did my hair is named Ashley and she was awesomesauce! Here is a pic of the results.



The flowers are cherry blossoms I found on etsy. Here is a bit of a better pic of them in my hair. The earrings I made. A better picture of those along with the matching bracelet and necklace is below.








Closeup for detail.




The dress I wore was  handmade by a good friend of mine. Check out her stuff on Facebook at Daphne's Crafts. She made purse to match also!

Here are a couple of photos of it.






The matching purse. Also handmade.



My shoes.

My mani with the dress. This is what I searched high and low for the perfect stamping plate and gel polish for!



It wouldn't be a wedding day without something going crazy. The car battery died. lol Fortunately he was able to get a jump and go get a new one. After we finally got back my husband (then fiance) said he wanted to go get a new battery for his watch. It's something he's been wanting to do for a while so I didn't think anything more of it. I figured he wanted to wear it during the trip and stuff also. Well he comes back with this as a wedding present!






He also got me this later on after we got back. The artist is a friend of ours. She does some amazing stuff. (No it's not all cats. This is actually a rarity.)  Go check her out if you like art!  






We didn't actually have a ceremony. Both of us have been married before so we opted to just have a judge friend of ours marry us. He did it for free so who are we to argue? :p That night though we had a lovely dinner for family and a few close friends at the Irish House in New Orleans. If you're ever in town I highly recommend eating there. My husband knows the owner and chef so we got a very good deal. The dinner was held in the event room upstairs which was beautiful. The staff was wonderful as always. Very friendly and attentive. The food of course was delicious! We had eaten there several times before so we knew we were safe with that. lol To make it easier on everyone I designed and printed out these place cards. The symbols represent soup or salad (the dots), and then the cow, fish or tomato was for the entree.



The cake was from Gambino's and it was SO beautiful, and delicious! As I figured it would be. They are the best bakery in town and have been around for ages. :) I had sent them a photo and they matched it. There were some slight differences but it was perfect anyway! I was so happy!




The next day we left for our honeymoon. To keep this post from getting ridiculously long I'm breaking it up into at least one more. So keep an eye out for that soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from all of you. So feel free to type up a comment if it strikes your fancy. ;) Keep in mind though that all comments are moderated. Spam and troll posts will not be tolerated.